The Sacramento Business Journal‘s annual “40 Under 40” list is out and, as usual, there are plenty of Hornets to be found.
In fact, the whopping 11 Sacramento State alums included make up more than a quarter of the list.
The list recognizes 40 young professionals in the Sacramento region who “excel in their workplaces and in their communities.” They will be honored at an event Thursday, Nov. 29, at the Sofia Tsakopoulos Center for The Arts (aka “The Sofia”).
Sacramento State alums on this year’s list:
- Bindu Jaduram ’00 (Strategic Management), regional manager, Tri Counties Bank
- Brenda Forman ’02 (Marketing), vice president and managing director, Merlot Marketing
- Sarah Pollo ’06 (Government-Journalism), MA ’15 (Government), president and CEO, Pollo Communications, Inc.
- Lucas Frerichs ’06 (Government), Davis city councilman and director of State Policy at The Nature Conservancy
- Shawna Fitzgerald ’09 (Finance), CEO, Creating Answers
- Ashley Mellot ’09 (Marketing), chief operating office and chief of staff, Webconnex
- Anne Descalzo ’11 (Journalism), assistant vice president, SAFE Credit Union
- Christine Mahon ’10 (Public Relations), associate vice president for marketing and communications, Associated General Contractors of California
- Devin Lavelle ’11 (Public Policy and Administration), senior researcher, California Research Bureau
- Michael Lynch ’14 (Public Policy and Administration), co-founder and CEO, Improve Your Tomorrow (Read our Made at Sac State profile of Lynch)
- Nicholas Haystings ’16 (Mechanical Engineering), president and executive director, Square Root Academy
Sacramento State alumni have a knack for standing out when it comes time to compile the 40 Under 40 list. Nine alums were recognized in 2017 and in 2016, and a record 12 Hornets made the list in 2015.
To view the full list and read profiles of each honoree, visit https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/2018/10/05/photos-meet-our-40-under-40-winners-for-2018.htm (subscription required).