Every year, the Sacramento Business Journal honors the “40 Under 40” – a group of young Sacramento professionals who are making their mark on the region. And every year, Sacramento State alumni make up a significant portion of the list.
This year is no exception: 11 Sacramento State alumni have been named to the 2019 “40 Under 40” list, a testament to the tremendous impact Hornet alums have throughout Sacramento and beyond. They and their fellow recipients will be honored formally at an event in November.
The full list was announced Sept. 30 on the Business Journal’s website. This year’s Hornets included on the “40 Under 40” roster are:
- Maggie Bender ’11 MBA, president, Bender Insurance Solutions.
- Tiffanie Berkhalter ’04 (Business Administration), VSP Ventures chief operating officer, VSP Global.
- Jita Buno ’13 MBA, director, Supply Chain Management, UC Davis Health.
- Matt Ceccato ’11 (Communication Studies), district director, Congressman Ami Bera.
- Sarah Correa ’03 (Criminal Justice), corporate sales and marketing manager, Westervelt Ecological Services.
- Jessica Cruz ’04 (Communication Studies – Media Communications), CEO, National Alliance on Mental Health in California.
- Lindsey Goodwin MA ’10 (Government), vice president of public affairs, Randle Communications.
- Joseph Hernandez ’16 MBA, director of client relations, Premier Healthcare Services.
- Lorena Martinez ’07 (Accountancy), owner, The Colour Bar.
- Chelsea Minor ’15 MBA, corporate director, Consumer and Public Affairs, Raley’s.
- Amber Rosen ’06 (Communication Studies – Public Relations), founder and program director, Breakroom Fitness.
A 12th individual, attorney Adrian Carpenter, is not an alum but participated in Sacramento State’s Capital Fellows Program.
“These young professionals, through their hard work, talent and leadership, are helping drive Sacramento’s economy forward. Moreover, they’re making the region a better place to live by supporting worthy causes,” the Business Journal writes. “By way of example, they’re leading the way for future generations of business leaders.”
The strong presence of Sacramento State alumni on the list continues a trend. Last year, 12 alumni were included in the “40 Under 40.” Nine alums were recognized in 2017 and in 2016, and a record 12 Hornets made the list in 2015.
The full list can be found on the Sacramento Business Journal website. (subscription required).